Monday, December 3, 2012

Apple Pie in a Jar

The results are in. I made my first apple pie using our canned filling. The crust is a very simple recipe I found from Taste of Home.



Lots of butter for the crust. Not that healthy but very tasty.



Melted butter and dry ingredients.


Like I said this was a very simple recipe. Quick cooking oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter. I didn't have to go to the store. I tend to keep baking ingredients very well stocked throughout the holidays.



Crust mixture with one cup reserved for topping.


Pie crust ready to go.

The real reason I picked dutch apple pie was that I'm lazy. Rolling out dough has to be one of the most tedious kitchen tasks ever. I'll choose squishing dough into place any day.



The quart sized jars filled the pie crust perfectly.



It looks so pretty! I got a little carried away and added a bit of sanding sugar to make it sparkle.




45 minutes later...

So, not quite as pretty coming out of the oven as it was going in, but it tasted just fine. I'll have to work on getting my crust a little more even as well. Overall it was a success. Yay for apple pie in a jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment